- 1 HOW TO APPLY FOR PASSPORT ONLINE
- 2 HOW TO FILL PASSPORT FORM
- 3 DOCUMENT REQUIRED FOR PASSPORT
- 4 VISITING PASSPORT OFFICE
- 5 PASSPORT POLICE VERIFICATION
- 6 HOW TO APPLY FOR A PASSPORT FOR BABY
- 7 DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TATKAL and NORMAL PASSPORT
- 8 PASSPORT FEES
- 9 (Hindi VIDEO) How to make Indian Passport Step By Step Guide
Wondering how to apply for passport in India? In this article you will learn everything you need to know step by step. First of all I tell you that there are two methods for creating a passport in India that is via offline method or via online method. This article will follow online method for applying passport, I will tell you later in this article that why you should apply online for passport.
Before we begin, lets know a brief of contents that you need to follow to create passport online, I will explain each steps in detail that will make you clear everything with your passport.
- How to apply for passport online
- How to fill passport form
- Documents required for passport
- Address proof for passport
- Date of birth proof for passport
- Filling online form
- Difference between tatkal and normal passport
- Filling online form
- Visiting passport office
- Passport police verification procedure
Now let’s know why to apply online? As I mentioned you can apply online as well as offline. If you apply your any district cell, speed post centre (SPC) or citizen service centre (CSC). You can download offline passport form and submit it to any of these offices,
NOTE : Only fresh passport form application can be submitted at DPS, SPCS and CSCS.
Well doing all these by sitting at home is a good idea and if you are reading this article it means you are online buddy. In online application you can also check your passport status.
HOW TO APPLY FOR PASSPORT ONLINE
Just follow these steps :
1.) Visit official passport website passportindia.gov.in
2.) Click Register Now link. Fill up the form to register and you will to click the link to your email to activate your account
3.) Click “Apply for fresh passport re-issue of passport “ link.
4.) Fill all require details carefully and correctly and then submit the form.
5.) Pay the unpaid fees to schedule appointment. Click the “pay and schedule appointment “ link on the view saved / submitted Application”.
6.) Click the “Print application receipt” link to print the application receipt containing application reference number (ARN) also known as appointment number. If you do not have printer availability you can select save as PDF of while going through the print.
7.) Visit the Passport Sava Kendra (RPO) where appointment has been booked , along with all your original documents
8.) Police verification will be done and passport will get issued.
HOW TO FILL PASSPORT FORM
- You need to register if not already.
- Login to your accounts.
- Select “Apply for fresh passport / re-issue passport” . you will get two alternatives . Click go with first alternatives if your internet connection is good else you can go with second alternatives and download the form and then few it and then upload .
- Select your star and district.
- Now you will have to fill passport type.
Select “Fresh passport “ if you are applying for first time.
Select normal if you are do not need passport urgently if you do not need urgently then you can select tatkal. .
Select 36 pages to save cost or you can select 60 pages. It’s up to you .
- Now ,Application Details Form
- If your name has middle name then enter your name and middle name column.
- Select your gender.
- Select yes if you ever had changed your name otherwise select “NO”.
- Select data of birth.
- Mention place of birth (village/town/city)
- Select your State
- Select District
- Select Martial Status, married, single, divorced or separated.
- Enter PAN (if available)
- Enter Voted Id (if available)
- Select your Employment Type
Fill all basic details like this and check mark the ‘YES’ box which means YOU AGREE and save the details and click on next
- Fill up Family Details and click on save my details and then click on next.
- Fill up Present Residential Address.
- Fill up References
You need to give 2 references, these are the people who knows you and you got to fill in the form since when they knowing you.
- Fill up the Identity Certificate/Passport Details.
- Lastly you need to fill some other details like in “Yes” or “No” format. If you are applying first time select “No” for all question and you should read the question as well you will find their answers in no if you are applying passport for the first time.
After that you will see a screen with all your details that you filled, you need to verify that. Click next if everything is correct and fine.
Next you need to sign a declaration form.
And then fill “Passport Seva SMS Service Enrolment “ section. Must select Yes and enter your phone number to avail the sms service, you should surely avail this service its worthy.
Click Submit Form
DOCUMENT REQUIRED FOR PASSPORT
For Non- ECR you just need 3 documents
- Proof of Present Address
Any out of the above document listed in the image will be acceptable for address proof.
- Proof of Date Of Birth
- Documents proof for any of the Non- ECR
Eligible Person for Non-ECR Stamp/Certificate:
- All Gazetted government servants, their spouses and dependent children.
- All persons having educational qualification of Matriculation and above.
- All persons above 50 years.
VISITING PASSPORT OFFICE
After getting appointment, you need to visit Passport Seva Kendra on the day of appointment. Keep 3 Photocopies of each of the documents, also keep original documents which they will ask to verify the photocopies if the document. All the documents which is to be submitted there are photocopies and self attested.
There your Photograph will be taken and also Biometric verification will be there.
You will get to know same day that whether Passport is granted to you or not. If you will be granted passport they will mention their about the type of Police verification. Normally Post Passport verification happens in normal cases, which is fast.
PASSPORT POLICE VERIFICATION
After that your police verification will be done.
There are 2 modes of Police Verification
- Post – Passport Issuance basis
- Pre – Passport Issuance basis.
In Post Passport issuance your passport will arrive at your home and you can also use it even if police verification is pending. Police verification may be done in 4 weeks if not visit Passport Office.
In Pre-Passport Issuance basis is which when there is any doubt in your document details to the checking officer at the time of your appointment visit in that case police verification will be done first to verify that and then passport will be issued.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A PASSPORT FOR BABY
If either parents hold passport can be issued without police verification but original passport of either parents needs to be submitted for verification.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TATKAL and NORMAL PASSPORT
If you need passport urgently then you have to apply for Tatkal Passport in which you can get your passport in 3 to 4 days of the appointment date whereas in normal passport you gets your passport in 15 days through courier. Police verification in tatkal is done after issuance of the passport. Fees for tatkal is more , 3500 for 36 page booklet and 4000 INR for 60 Page booklet. There is no as such difference in passport the only difference is in the application process as name suggest Tatkal process is the fast and urgent.
For an Adult
Normal Passport –
INR 1500 for 6 Page Booklet
INR 2000 for 60 Page Booklet
INR 3500 for 36 Page booklet
INR 4000 for 60 Page booklet
You can also calculate actual fees depending on if you fall into any other category. Check Passport Fees Calculator
(Hindi VIDEO) How to make Indian Passport Step By Step Guide
These are the steps that you can follow to apply passport online. If you still have any query or any suggestion please comment and let us know. Thanks for reading your own blog “Bitactro” . Happy Reading